Sunday 27 November 2011

Susanne Westphal's chairs

Photobucket

Susanne Westphal is a German designer who has created these amazing chairs made from wool. Searching through the internet for more of her work but this is the only work I could find.

The top chair is created by weaving wool in and out of the holes in the chair. I like how it doesn't really have a pattern to it. I would have preferred the chair to be completely covered in wool, it doesn't really say wooly chair but I do like the simplicity of it. I love the the bottom chair the seat is covered in wool, it looks so comfy. It literally looks like a ball of yarn with legs and back sticking out of it. It also looks so comfy.


Photobucket

I really like the colours of the wool because wool can be too colourful and overbearing with colour but this is quite mellow and really goes well with the pale wood.  


........................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment